The Mulberry Parent Series – Saturday, 23 April 2016
Date: Saturday, 23 April 2016
Time: 10 am to 12 pm
Location: Mulberry Learning Centre @ Creative
Parents are warmly invited to join us for the event which will comprise 2 parent talks and an assortment of fun activities for your child!
Main Talk – “How to Instill a Love for Reading”
It is important to inculcate good reading habits in your child from a young age. Our curriculum experts will provide tips on how parents can instill a love for reading in their children. Topics will cover:
- Creative ways to build a love for reading
- How parents can work with schools to build literacy skills from a young age
- Mulberry’s curricular approach – the first in the world to be certified by the USA.
Special Talk – “Healthy Eating and Exercise Tips for Parents”
Studies have shown that children pick up good nutrition and exercise habits from their parents, so it is important for parents to act as role models. To this end, we have invited guest speakers from local health and fitness firm, “Thoughtworthy Narrative” to share advice on topics like:
- How to make smarter decisions on your next grocery shopping trip
- How healthy (or unhealthy) some of our popular local dishes really are
- Simple, effective exercises that you can do at home (with free on-site form checking by the experts!)
Activities for Children
Apart from the talks, there will be a range of fun kids activities! These include speech and drama and Mind Mapping for kids!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Register your attendance for the event today by completing this form below.
Seats are limited and will be on a first-come-first-served basis.