Have you ever wondered how best to prepare your child for success in the future?
Research has shown that what determines future success is not knowledge or talent alone.
In fact, a common thread runs through the world’s most successful people, ranging from top athletes like Jordan Spieth to famous entrepreneurs like Jack Ma and Mark Zuckerberg, helping them attain desirable results in spite of setbacks and uncertainties. They all start honing their craft and developing positive thinking habits, early in life.
A report by Cambridge University on habit formation shows that young children often develop key habits before the age of seven. How then, as a parent of a preschooler, can you help your young ones build the right habits that will accompany them throughout their lives?
We are pleased to bring to you a special event under the Mulberry Parent Series this coming July. We have invited two distinguished speakers, Dr Henry Toi and Ms Eliza Leong, to share how to build positive mental habits and emotional resilience in your children.
Date: Saturday, 23 July 2016
Time: 9.30am to 12.00pm
Venue: 743, Toa Payoh Lorong 5 ,Singapore 319457 (Auditorium @ Toa Payoh Storhub)
9.30am – 10.00am Registration
10.00am – 10.45am Talk by Dr Henry Toi: “Building Good Thinking Habits In Children”
10.45am – 11.30am Talk by Ms Eliza Leong: “Inside Out: Building Emotionally Resilient Children”
11.30am – 12.00pm Question & Answer Session
12.00pm End of Event (Light refreshments at Mulberry Toa Payoh)
Activities for Children @ Mulberry Toa Payoh:
Parents can feel free to leave your young children under the professional care of our teachers at Mulberry Toa Payoh, which is located at the first floor of the same building. Our staff will tend to your children while you attend the talk. Light refreshments will also be provided after the talk at our centre.
Dr Henry Toi
- Curriculum Dean of the Global EduHub Group, which includes Mulberry Learning Centre
- Director of the Art Costa Centre for Thinking
- Certified Master Trainer for Tony Buzan’s “Mind Mapping” and Professor Arthur Costa’s “Habits of Mind”
- Managing Director of Buzan Center Asia
- Author of books like “Habits of S.U.C.C.E.S.S”
Ms Eliza Leong
- Psychologist at the Thomson Paediatric Centre (The Child Development Centre)
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and Singapore Psychological Society (SPS)
- Trained In: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Circle of Security Parenting, Solution-Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Family Systemic Therapy.