A Vibrant Chinese Speaking & Learning Environment
Building a Strong Foundation in Chinese
Mulberry Learning @ Fusionopolis is our first Chinese Preschool designed with a proprietary Chinese-Immersion programme which nurtures your child’s love for learning and transforms them into maestros of the language. With a structured and progressive pathway designed to build competency in the Chinese language, our Chinese preschool programme enables the child to develop an expressive vocabulary of more than 4,200 Chinese words, over 30 Chinese poems and over 80 idioms by the age of 6.
Since 95% of your child’s brain develops before the age of 5, the early years are the best time to ingrain strong language fundamentals in your child. Especially for children in English-speaking households, sending your child to our Chinese preschool will help ensure that he or she is immersed in a Chinese-rich environment to master the language and be effectively bilingual!
Rich Chinese cultured learning spaces to develop a genuine love for the language
Beautifully designed learning spaces are hallmarks of the Mulberry Learning environment as we firmly believe that children learn best in beautiful and functional surroundings. Filled with various elements to promote an immersive Chinese learning experience for each child, no effort was spared to create these spaces of wonderment to stimulate their senses, unleash their creativity and encourage their natural urge for exploration.
– OUR VISION
Learning Spaces of Mulberry Learning @ Fusionopolis
Video Music Credits: https://www.purple-planet.com
The Art of Mastering Chinese starts from an Engaging & Meaningful Chinese Preschool Curriculum
Our Chinese Preschool curriculum starts from the Pre-Nursery level and helps students to acquire the 4 skills of learning the Chinese language, namely Listening (听), Speaking (说), Reading (读) and Writing (写). With integration of the Chinese language into daily routines, children gain better exposure to the language as they learn, play, listen, sing, dance and interact with the teachers and their peers in Chinese. Besides developing a sound foundation in the Chinese language and its culture, children learn in a multi-disciplinary manner across subjects like Drama & Communication, Mathematics, Science, Music and Art & Craft. Weekly activities include learning traditional Chinese poetry, calligraphy, Chinese idioms, festivals and traditions, as well as moral values through the Confucian principles of “Di Zi Gui” (弟子規).
By the age of 6, our curriculum is designed to help children become young maestros of the language, acquiring an expressive word bank of over 4,200 Chinese words, learning over 30 Chinese poems and 80 Chinese idioms by the time they enter the Primary School years. As the Chinese Preschool programme is also integrated with Mulberry Learning’s award-winning iDevelop / iExplore / iExperience / iLearn curriculum model, parents can rest assured that signature programmes like Reggio-inspired Project InquiryTM, Habits of MindTM and Literacy FunTM are still included as part of the holistic learning that nurtures the Future Ready Child.
1. A Sound Foundation in Chinese Literacy
With a structured and progressive pathway designed to build competency in Chinese, our Chinese Preschool programme enables the child to develop an expressive vocabulary of more than 4,200 Chinese words, while familiarizing and reciting more than 30 Chinese poems and over 80 idioms by the age of 6.
2. Reggio-Inspired Project Inquiry™
Children from N1 to K2 will also engage in self-directed learning through Reggio-inspired Project Inquiry. Multi-disciplinary learning takes place with Chinese being the medium of communication and instruction as children develop deep subject knowledge, communication, problem-solving, questioning, thinking and social skills while having loads of fun in the process!
3. Moral Education through Di Zi Gui (弟子规)
Besides learning how to listen, read, speak and write proficiently in Chinese, moral values are imparted to the children through the teachings of Di Zi Gui (弟子规). Based on the ancient teaching of the Chinese philosopher Confucius, it emphasizes on the basic requisites for being a good person and guidelines for living in harmony with others.
4. Current Affairs
An informed child has the power of knowledge. The children are engaged in regular discussions on current affairs and world events in the Chinese language. This enables the child to gain the confidence to converse in Chinese as they ask and answer questions while sharing thoughts and viewpoints with their peers.
5. Enrichment Programmes
Mulberry Learning’s enrichment programmes are S.T.E.A.M. based with and programmes like Picasso KidzTM , Busy BakerTM, Music MoovesTM and the Chinese Cultural ProgrammeTM being delivered in Chinese, thereby allowing children to reinforce their grasp of the language while acquiring additional knowledge across all S.T.E.A.M. domains.
6. International Friendship Programme
This special programme is designed to connect our little Mulberrians to children in partner schools in Beijing and Shenzhen via video-conferencing. Children from both countries get to collaborate and share project findings with one another. Not only does this encourage the use of Chinese for communication, it allows the children to appreciate cultural nuances and foster new friendships.
Proudly Featured In:
Why Mulberry Learning?
Voted as Singapore’s “Best Holistic Learning Programme” for 4 consecutive years running, Mulberry Learning is the only Reggio-inspired preschool that adopts the Habits of Mind™ and Multiple Intelligences frameworks to nurture your child into confident communicators, independent thinkers and lifelong learners.
Singapore’s first Qualified Behaviour Analyst (QBA) and a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
Ms Tracy Yang
Ms. Tracy Yang is Mulberry Learning’s very own in-house Behaviour Expert. She supports our early childhood educators to equip them with the relevant knowledge and skills to manage and encourage positive behaviours in children.
By equipping teachers with the relevant skills, knowledge, and know-hows, we believe that they will better understand why children react the way they do. We will also see fewer instances of meltdowns in the classroom.
Ms Yang holds a Master in Science in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and is both a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) and Singapore’s first Qualified Behaviour Analyst (QBA). She has experience working in multidisciplinary settings with psychologists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists alongside teachers and parents to help children cope with their behaviours in a holistic manner. Since 2015, she has worked with children and adolescents with developmental disabilities in United Kingdom, Dubai and Singapore and has provided numerous training sessions to teachers, parents and therapists.
Mulberry Learning’s Educators
The driving force behind Mulberry Learning’s award-winning curriculum is our team of dedicated educators!
At Mulberry Learning, we believe that our educators play an important role in a child’s learning and development. Teachers nurture, inspire, care and guide children to achieve their growth milestones. To provide the best possible care and learning experience for your child, we carefully select qualified educators who are passionate, dedicated, and enthusiastic about early childhood education. Our educators undergo continual training to keep abreast of latest curriculum trends and child pedagogies, so as to meet our high standards.
What Is The Habits Of Mind™?
Habits of Mind™ is about knowing how to behave intelligently and respond effectively to uncertainty or dilemmas. It provides children of all ages a framework for autonomous learning, critical thinking and effective inquiry. These habits are introduced to the child by infusing it into the curriculum and delivered through daily lessons and activities.
Being the only preschool in Singapore to infuse the Habits of Mind™ framework into its curriculum, Mulberry Learning is also the first to provide an assessment platform called “The Habits of Mind Assessment Tool (THOMAS)” to measure and analyze the development of these habits in the child. With THOMAS, educators and parents will have access to a report that provides greater insight into the growth of these intelligent habits in the child.
Examples of Habits Of Mind™
Listening with Understanding & Empathy
Listening with Understanding & Empathy is one of the 12 specially curated Habits of Mind™ infused into Mulberry Learning’s curriculum. Sometimes the loudest conversations are silent ones. Good listeners are able to see through the lens of many different perspectives and demonstrate their understanding of and empathy for another’s idea or feeling by paraphrasing it accurately, building upon it, clarifying it, or giving an example of it.
Managing Impulsivity is one of the 12 specially curated Habits of Mind™ infused into Mulberry Learning’s curriculum. It means being able to give yourself time to evaluate a situation, think through possible options and not make hasty decisions. Managing Impulsivity is a habit we all should Master!
We believe like you, that while knowledge is temporary in today’s disruptive world, the right habits last a lifetime. Please visit our centre today to discover our award-winning curriculum.
Quality Child Care Programmes
18 – 30 Months
3 Years Old
4 Years Old
5 Years Old
6 Years Old
The Best of Both Worlds – Developing True Bilingualism
Mulberry Learning is committed in ensuring that your child is equipped with intelligent thinking habits, good social skills as well as superior language and numeracy capabilities to prepare them as they progress to Primary School and beyond.
At our Chinese Preschool, Chinese is the main language of communication and teaching and almost all its award-winning programmes & activities are taught in that language. Only slight English literacy component is dedicated to learning English in preparation for Primary schooling. Children at our Fusionopolis centre will have the best of both worlds as they get to master both languages!
The Reggio-inspired Project Inquiry programme also equips them with the mindset of a little Scientist, as they discover the wonders of the world through scientific research, experimentation, analysis, and presentations of the findings!
Nurture your Future-Ready Child with Mulberry Learning today!
Testimonials From Happy Parents
- "As will all other parents, I want the best child care possible for my daughter. I want her to be with the right caregiver, be in the right environment which is conducive to her physical and mental development, and most importantly, to enjoy herself. After looking at every single childcare in the Biopolis/One-North area, and meeting with the various teachers, Mulberry Learning stood out with the warm and caring teachers as well as its holistic Chinese Immersion programme. I always want my daughter to master Mandarin, to appreciate the language and understand its rich culture. This is not an easy task though, as I am the only parent speaking Mandarin at home. However hard I try, she consistently speaks to me in English. In less than 5 months after sending her to Mulberry Learning’s Chinese Preschool, I am so pleased and amazed to see her progress in Mandarin! She has started telling me about her days at school in Mandarin, singing mandarin songs with some simple dances. I know I made the right choice in choosing Mulberry Learning as her preschool as she came home happily one day, telling me that she wants to be a teacher when she grows up, like her teacher at Mulberry Learning!"
>Mr & Mrs Venoe, parents of Freya 陈飞扬(N2), Fusionopolis
- “All grown-ups were once children… but only few of them remember it.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Mulberry Learning is the experience we wished for as little children. The indoor playground, open concept tactile stations and bilingual approach provides the ideal start for our son’s journey. More importantly, what has consistently stood out is the personal care and attention to detail by the teachers and school management.
Shan & Hari, parents of Kai 符凯恩 (PN), Fusionopolis
- "Our girls took to Mulberry Learning immediately and we appreciate the dedication of the educators for getting to know the girls and adjusting their style of teaching to suit their personalities. Yan Laoshi and educator Jasmine took it upon themselves to make sure the girls got their foundation right and they are always encouraging us to be a part of the children’s learning process. We don’t speak a lot of mandarin at home so the Chinese Immersion programme really helped to introduce Chinese in a fun and natural setting. The girls learnt through daily conversations, songs, dance just to name a few. I was surprised that my younger daughter who is in K1 this year could pick up a Chinese book and actually read aloud on her own! Since my kids are older, I am naturally concerned about the curriculum more than anything. I am happy to see that there is a learning methodology in place so that learning is structured with progression. My girls enjoy attending Mulberry Learning @ Fusionopolis. It is a place where learning is really so much fun. Special mention to Yan Laoshi, educator Jasmine and Ms Cherry. Thank you for creating a warm and safe environment to engage the kids and help them learn."
Mr and Mrs Lin, parents of Sarah and Hannah (K1), Fusionopolis
Looking for a Bilingual Curriculum?
With 15 Mulberry Learning locations nationwide (14 Bilingual Preschools & 1 Chinese Preschool), you will be able to select the right preschool for your child.
Mulberry Learning is the only preschool in Singapore with a truly unique preschool programme that incorporates the Reggio Emilia methodology, Habits of Mind™ framework and Multiple Intelligences, to nurture your child into a confident communicator, independent thinker & lifelong learner.
With our Bilingual Preschool curriculum, children will develop an expressive vocabulary of more than 4,500 English words and over 2,000 Chinese words, alongside a strong grasp of mathematical concepts – all by age 6!
Mulberry Learning’s Bilingual Preschool Locations: Alexandra, Braddell, Bukit Batok, Cairnhill, Choa Chu Kang, Changi Business Park, Jurong East, Kallang, Marymount, Namly, Punggol, Shenton Way, Tanjong Pagar and Woodlands
Why Visit Our Fusionopolis Chinese Centre?
- Meet our friendly and passionate educators.
- Discover more about our proprietary Chinese Preschool curriculum.
- Learn more about our signature programmes like Habits of MindTM, Reggio-inspired Project InquiryTM, Literacy FunTM and Math QuestTM.
- Explore our facilities and learning spaces.
- Find out about the Government subsidies and our Exclusive Enrolment Promotions.